Change font size   Print view

V3 os

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

V3 os

Postby countryjack » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Is D8B V3 still downloadable from somewhere
countryjack

Re: V3 os

Postby arjepsen » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:24 pm

yes, in the database part of d8bforum:
http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/index.html#Post6

But... why do need v3, when v5.1 is available?

Regards
Anders
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby countryjack » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Thatnks for the info. I have lots of old mixes which I need to preserve. My current mixer is a combination of 3 older ones, so that rules out 5.1. All I need now is someone to tell me how to install the os onto a CF card. I've had no luck so far, even though I am using a CF at the moment. I want to make a spare.
countryjack

Postby arjepsen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:01 pm

I'm not certain here, but can't v5.1 open V3?
I'm not at my PC now, but let me give you another link for the database later, that might help with the CF stuff
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby countryjack » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Thanks for any help you can give, regarding installing from down load to CF card. John.
countryjack

Postby arjepsen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:39 pm

countryjack wrote:All I need now is someone to tell me how to install the os onto a CF card. I've had no luck so far, even though I am using a CF at the moment. I want to make a spare.

Ok, first of all I'm a bit uncertain about what you mean here... If I read it correctly, you already have the system running off a CF card, but you want to make a backup of the CF card?
I assume you have a pc with a CF card reader in it?
Then you just need some software to make a copy. The software I've used for the CF cards was "Aomei backupper".

I made a walkthrough on how to install the system on a CF card - it's available in the database here:
http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/tpis.html#Post24

However, this walkthrough is using some images I made of a newly installed version 5.1 system (with the registration hack IIRC).
However, if you really want version 3 instead, you will need to install that from scratch, using floppy disks (or a floppy emulator). If you already have the CF card installed, then it should work just the same as if you had a normal hard drive installed.

Anyways, you may want to read through all the very valuable information available in the database - there's answers to soo many questions in there :-)
http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/index.html

Feel free to ask questions though.

Regards
Anders
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum