Change font size   Print view

d8b compressor

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b compressor

Postby sweck » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Does anyone know of any plugins/hardware that is similar to the d8b compressor? Waves H Comp has been the closest I've found but wondering if there are any others in plugin or hardware form. Im considering moving away from the d8b for summing, studio mixing but im finding the d8b compressor has me stuck to the d8b.
sweck

Re: d8b compressor

Postby Crash » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 pm

sweck wrote:Does anyone know of any plugins/hardware that is similar to the d8b compressor? Waves H Comp has been the closest I've found but wondering if there are any others in plugin or hardware form. Im considering moving away from the d8b for summing, studio mixing but im finding the d8b compressor has me stuck to the d8b.

I see as boat load of love for the d8b compressor, even from some of the folk like me that have moved on to the dxb. I always felt that it was a super good utility compressor but I am not sure I am getting the uber love that it gets. I am curious what Tudor tried to model it after, if anything. I am glad to see it hold it's own after all of these years.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: d8b compressor

Postby sweck » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:57 am

With dance music, It gives nice movement to an entire stereo mixbus sidechained to a kick, im considering jumping to a behringer wing but i was hoping to hang on to the d8b compressoion style lol. I think i read somewhere it was modelled on a dbx160, I think i tried a few and couldnt get it.
sweck

Return to d8b Forum