Change font size   Print view

d8b and HDR midi signal not working

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b and HDR midi signal not working

Postby kellyewhite » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:05 pm

After 4 or 5 months of not using the d8b & HDR, I decided to boot up the d8b and HDR 24/96 and listen to some old recorded tracks. both the d8b and HDR booted up normally but some of the functions are not working properly. the automation function is not working. the breakdown is the midi signal not working between the two. not sure what happened. I have tried replacing the midi card in the d8b and HDR and still no communication between the two units. any ideas where to begin? thank you in advance for any suggestions..
kellyewhite

Re: d8b and HDR midi signal not working

Postby Y-my-R » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:49 am

Do you have a computer with a MIDI interface on it?

If so, you could connect the MIDI out of the HDR to the MIDI input of the computer, and then use either "MIDI Monitor" (Mac) or MIDI-OX (Windows) to check if it sends out sync signals via MIDI, after starting recording or playback.

Then try the same thing with the D8B, to check if it sends MIDI when pushing the transport buttons, etc.

This way, you should at least be able to isolate if the D8B or the HDR is having a MIDI problem.

Best of luck!
Last edited by Y-my-R on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:21 pm

If these units have been sitting dark for some time, it may be worth looking over some BIOS settings.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kellyewhite » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 am

thank you all so much for the support. I am on the road and will be able to work on this real soon and will respond. thank you.....
kellyewhite

Return to d8b Forum