Change font size   Print view

D8B Problem DSP CONTROL CARD NOT READY

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8B Problem DSP CONTROL CARD NOT READY

Postby Jan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Hello
I have a problem with my D8B.
After turning on the power, the mixer does not react and the message DSP CONTROL CARD NOT READY is displayed.
Removing the battery from the bios did not help. :cry:

I attach photos to the topic.

Please help. :)

IMG_8760.JPG
IMG_8760.JPG (Array MiB) Viewed 957 times

IMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8761.JPG (Array MiB) Viewed 957 times
Jan

Re: D8B Problem DSP CONTROL CARD NOT READY

Postby Jondav1120 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi Jan,

There would appear to be no communication between the mixer and the cpu. The message you are getting on the monitor means that the cpu is not getting any data back from the dsp card in the mixer. It also appears that the control processor is not booting (this displays the initial message on the VFD, and readies the control processor to recieve its program from the cpu).
I'd start by checking the BFC on the back panel of the mixer, followed by the data cable. If that doesn't help then I'm afraid it's probably time to open it up and reseat the ribbon cables.
BTW, you mentioned removing the BIOS battery.....Did you reset the BIOS settings to the correct values? Information on resetting this is in the database here
Jondav1120

Postby captainamerica » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm

"I'd start by checking the BFC on the back panel of the mixer, followed by the data cable." ...agree with Jan,
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:27 pm

The bottom picture is concerning since 2 out of the 3 surface boards appear to be dead with no power....This one may require getting into the bottom and checking out some ribbon cable connections, especially those coming off of the power distribution board where the big ass connector hooks into the console.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum