Change font size   Print view

Eric Russ

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Eric Russ

Postby Crash » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

pino68 wrote:Thanks Gary for your prompt reply. Unfortunately he does not want to leave, that is, he does not start and neither does the monitor turn on.
I'll explain: some time ago I did shorten the cable that goes from the CPU to the mixer, I watched as the technician connected me the wires and I realized that a white wire is not connected ... I think this white thread has its own function, but why is not connected?
Look at the image

It didn't come from Mackie with all of those whacky splices..... What happened there?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:26 pm

It 'happened that I did shorten the cable by a technician and I found the cable with all those joints ... I wonder: could not connect the wires directly to the foot?
My problem, unfortunately, is that it does not boot both the keyboard and the monitor remain off. I tried to change the battery but nothing to do.
pino68

Postby arjepsen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Maybe the pc powersupply isn't starting/working?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 pm

is that it does not boot. the mixer turns on, the display works, but the monitor does not turn on and therefore I do not see anything ...
pino68

Postby arjepsen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 pm

1: we want to help you, but it can be difficult to have everything technical translated by google....
If you know someone who know english, or if someone in here knows italian, it might be much easier.

2: Maybe this should be moved to a seperate thread?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:47 am

I thought it was the motherboard of the CPU, so I asked Gary if he had an outlet from Eric, maybe I expressed myself bad ... the problem is that not a sign of life ... it turns on everything but only the mi mixer from Error 43 Host did not boot.
the only sign of life I see only from the mixer. I do not know what to do anymore, I can not even install the OS via floppy disck.
pino68

Postby garrett21allen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi pino68

have you checked your video card to see if it is working? if you have a bad video card it will not let you see anything on the monitor. or it could be a bad monitor they go bad too. check them both.

joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arjepsen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Pino:
I would suggest you do some experimenting first - there can be several reasons why the PC part of the d8b isn't starting.
It could be the PC power supply that was bad.
It could be the Graphics card.
It could be the Ram blocks.
It could be other hardware issues.
It could be a bios / bios battery related problem.

I would suggest removing all cards except the Graphics card and one ram block, and see if it will start up.
(If the cpu fan starts to spin, the motherboard is starting up)
I'm not entirely certain, but it might even start up without the Graphics card.
Of course then you wouldn't see anything on the monitor, but the first step is to figure out whether you can get the motherboard to start up.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you guys. I will do all the evidence of the case ie the ones you described to me then I will let you know.
Thursday I have to be hospitalized for a cystectomy, when I return I will make myself feel.
Thank you for your valuable advice.
pino68

Postby arjepsen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 pm

ok - Hope that you will be well!
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum