Change font size   Print view

d8b Sound problems.

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b Sound problems.

Postby salvaes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Good night friends, since last night I am suffering a series of problems, I have no sound, the meters mark less signal in two channels, 3 and 4 all others if they signal signal, but the sound does not come out the master is dead.

Disconnect and reconnect all connectors without result.
Disconnect all the cards.
Probe with another OS

I do not know what else to look at

I am open to any suggestions.
Macpro 12cores ,logic Pro ,RME Octamic2 X4 ,forusrite ISA , apogee DA16X ,
Antelope orion studio - apogee psx100 - TLA CLASSIC VALVE SERIES - SPL GOLDMIKE - Focal twin 6be, Adam A7x ,Mackie d8b
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: d8b Sound problems.

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 am

Hi,
Have you tried disconnecting the D8B from the RME and external word clock signal to see if the board functions normally by itself?

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby salvaes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Old School wrote:Hi,
Have you tried disconnecting the D8B from the RME and external word clock signal to see if the board functions normally by itself?

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.

yes , That all seems okay, I have checked the cpu voltages, and they are ok, I tried another main brain board and another bios chip that I have, and the result is the same.
I have disconnected all the adat, clock and efx cards, I have started without them, I have tried with a clean start session, lest the integer be corrupted.

In addition all the ribon cables have disconnected and cleaned the connectors with electronic contact cleaner.

Without result.

I still have no sound, the vumeter of the master is dead, it is as if the card of the dac failed
Antelope orion studio - apogee psx100 - TLA CLASSIC VALVE SERIES - SPL GOLDMIKE - Focal twin 6be, Adam A7x ,Mackie d8b
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Hus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Anything showing on the input meters

Test with a microphone that does not need phantom power
Hus

Postby Crash » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm

You need a clock card in there for it to work, so clock it to something or make it clock internal. If you are having clock issues you will get a flashing */? in the VFD.

Can you get anything to make sound through the 2 track A,B,C inputs?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby salvaes » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Crash wrote:You need a clock card in there for it to work, so clock it to something or make it clock internal. If you are having clock issues you will get a flashing */? in the VFD.

The wordclock card is installed correctly, uninstall and clean the contacts, all the connectors of all the cables also have cleaned them, and I still have the same problem, and if the 2 track A, B, C inputs come and go Sound, which leaves me more bewildered. Now if I am already completely crazy.
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby salvaes » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Crash wrote:You need a clock card in there for it to work, so clock it to something or make it clock internal. If you are having clock issues you will get a flashing */? in the VFD.

[Youtube] https://youtu.be/g_ro_qjGAfk [/Youtube]

[Youtube] https://youtu.be/fDfQUnqzMyY [/Youtube]
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 pm

That would seem to clear the clock card as a source of ploblems. That is an odd one, I am not sure what to make of it at this point.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:22 am

Hey Salvaes;

Here are some thoughts.

Perhaps the A/D converters are the problem. Not sure you check that.

Perhaps the Input board has a faulty or cold solder joint on those inputs.

Insert and remove, several times, a 1/4" cable on the "insert jacks" on the trouble channels. Could be a bad connection preventing signal flow.

As Mike suggested, try a mic into the trouble channels? The "MIC" switch may be defective in the Mic position. Maybe you did this.

These consoles are getting old and connection are going to be more of a problem as time passes.

Hope some of that helps.

Post back with progress.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby salvaes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Bruce Graham wrote:Hey Salvaes;

Here are some thoughts.

Perhaps the A/D converters are the problem. Not sure you check that.

Perhaps the Input board has a faulty or cold solder joint on those inputs.

Insert and remove, several times, a 1/4" cable on the "insert jacks" on the trouble channels. Could be a bad connection preventing signal flow.

As Mike suggested, try a mic into the trouble channels? The "MIC" switch may be defective in the Mic position. Maybe you did this.

These consoles are getting old and connection are going to be more of a problem as time passes.

Hope some of that helps.

Post back with progress.

Cheers
Bruce

HEY, thanks for the help, all the connectors have been cleaned with clean contacts, I have inserted and removed several times, and still the same, referring to the wordclock I have tried, the stock card with the same results, if it serves any help this Series of problems I have come from installing two more DIO cards. I do not know if I will have anything to do since before everything everything worked perfectly with two DIO and two ANALOG.
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum