Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [strong progress]

Postby FrankH » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:50 am

munkustrap:

Congratulations on your work, I can't tell you how happy I am knowing there is a viable alternative to getting V5.1 to work, in spite of Mackie's apathetic response to correcting the situation. And don't sell yourself short, bitSync, as your perseverance and contribution really pushed this along. Well done.

Be it known that a former software engineer for Mackie had figured out how to restore the code authorization scheme but was told basically to stuff it. That's why I am quite gleeful over your results.

So....what does does a codeless 5.1 owner need to do to get their D8Bs to work?
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:14 am

I better fire mine up again. I had forgotten that the 0000, 1111 and 2222 bizzo were request codes and not the actual authorisation codes. Mackie really hate that this thing has lasted so long.

I tips me hat to ya Munk and bit. Good work. I hope Mackie are watching and gritting their teeth. Miserable souls. If you only knew what I paid for a complete setup, you'd cry a river... matter of fact, I might go and do that now.

Peter.
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby bitSync » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 am

FrankH wrote:
I have 4 x UFX in this board. Perhaps that's an issue for Vocal Studio authorization? But at the moment I don't have a Vocal Studio unlock code tied to the ESN to even give it a try.

Bitsync: I think it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but I'll reiterate: Vocal Studio's only requirement for authorization is the presence of two MFX cards installed. If there are two mounted, it works automatically.

With your 4 UFX cards filling all the slots, you'd never see Mackies efx (which aren't shabby at all) or the Vocal Studio....which, in spite of its age, is still a viable and well designed plug-in.

Hi Frank,

Well, I've got 2 MFX boards in my other d8b, which isn't all that easy to get to at the moment, but that theoretically gives me the capability of checking out the Vocal Studio authorization under munk's hack. But if Vocal Studio works as you say then I guess the board's ESN should have no bearing on the operability of Vocal Studio on a suitably equipped desk, so long as the OS is authorized and running. Thanks!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 am

FrankH wrote:So....what does does a codeless 5.1 owner need to do to get their D8Bs to work?

This will be munk's call of course, but practically speaking, all one needs is the newly engineered firmware file, \system5\Firmware\control.asc, and the companion unlock-codes for the OS 5.1 and plugins (those used in the authorization test in an earlier post today). Everyone taking advantage of this hack will be using the same ESN, which has no relation to the ESN stored on their Brain Board's U16.

You'll need a way to get the new \system5\Firmware\control.asc onto the d8b file system, like e.g., FTP.

Sorted.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:09 am

[quote]Anyhorizon wrote [/I tips me hat to ya Munk and bit. Good work. I hope Mackie are watching and gritting their teeth. Miserable souls. If you only knew what I paid for a complete setup, you'd cry a river... matter of fact, I might go and do that now.quote]

It's been a long time but I believe I paid over 15 grand for my D8B & HDR with all the cards and stuff. It was not explained that I needed a clock card to make my units work or that I had to pay to "authorize" the plug-ins that the Mackie add said the console came "loaded" with. Then a little over one year later they announce they are discontinuing all support for my units. How they could then have the nerve to not fix the code generator when they obviously can is beyond me. In my opinion the very least they could do for the people they have shafted is open the source code.
That's it, my rant for the day. I too tip my hat to Munk and Bit. Well done, gentlemen, well done.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Guys

here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwity8t7dawlc ... e.zip?dl=0
maybe you have to press the button "Herunterladen"

1. Install OS5.1
2. overwrite existing control.asc with the new one on your mackie mcu (via FTP, see d8b databse for more informations).
3. use the codes in the txt file.

please note:
You will get a new ESN for your System, so all plugin codes you have used before will not work anymore !
Bitsync figured out that some plugins are not working. Hopefully we will find the reason for that.
check his post to see what is working at the Moment.
Maybe these issues are due to UFX and MFX Cards ?

OS 5.1 - Authorized

RTA-31 v1.0 Build 53 - Authorized
Saturated Fat v1.0 Build 54 - Authorized
Mono Delay v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Stereo EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Vocal Studio v3.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code
TC Level 1 v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code
TimePak v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Antares Autotune v1.1 Build 56 - Authorized
Drawmer Dynamics Mono V1.0 Buil... - Locked, 2 attempts
Drawmer Dynamics Stereo v1.0 Bu... - Authorized
DSR-1 v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
Delay Factor v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Mono EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Final Mix v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
FIlter Machine v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Mackie Effects v3.0 Build 52 - Authorized - no unlock required
Acuma Pro Audio Lab - plugin not installed
TC Electronic MDW 2x2 - plugin not installed

I also want to mention that there was a third person that offered the serials for that hack.
thank you very much !!! Without that it would not be possible ! I will not name him, he will respond if he wants :-)

btw: I can make the new Firmware with any ESN you like, so if we have another ESN with more plugins enabled I can make a Firmware for that ESN.

have fun
Munk
munkustrap

Postby goonkalonkyn » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:44 pm

munkustrap wrote:Hi Guys

here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwity8t7dawlc ... e.zip?dl=0
maybe you have to press the button "Herunterladen"

1. Install OS5.1
2. overwrite existing control.asc with the new one on your mackie mcu (via FTP, see d8b databse for more informations).
3. use the codes in the txt file.

please note:
You will get a new ESN for your System, so all plugin codes you have used before will not work anymore !
Bitsync figured out that some plugins are not working. Hopefully we will find the reason for that.
check his post to see what is working at the Moment.
Maybe these issues are due to UFX and MFX Cards ?

OS 5.1 - Authorized

RTA-31 v1.0 Build 53 - Authorized
Saturated Fat v1.0 Build 54 - Authorized
Mono Delay v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Stereo EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Vocal Studio v3.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code
TC Level 1 v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code
TimePak v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Antares Autotune v1.1 Build 56 - Authorized
Drawmer Dynamics Mono V1.0 Buil... - Locked, 2 attempts
Drawmer Dynamics Stereo v1.0 Bu... - Authorized
DSR-1 v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
Delay Factor v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Mono EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Final Mix v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
FIlter Machine v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Mackie Effects v3.0 Build 52 - Authorized - no unlock required
Acuma Pro Audio Lab - plugin not installed
TC Electronic MDW 2x2 - plugin not installed

I also want to mention that there was a third person that offered the serials for that hack.
thank you very much !!! Without that it would not be possible ! I will not name him, he will respond if he wants :-)

btw: I can make the new Firmware with any ESN you like, so if we have another ESN with more plugins enabled I can make a Firmware for that ESN.

have fun
Munk

glad to be a part of something positive!
goonkalonkyn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:10 am

I'm seriously impressed.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:31 am

WOW. This is "Over The rainbow" stuff.

Grateful, grateful, grateful.

New breath for our beloved d8b.

Q? Where in the d8b Data Base will we find "more information" re copying over the new file?

Thanks
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby the boss » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:59 am

Fantastic..... It's a shame I've paid full price for my two serials:). And plugs

Thanx for all your work
the boss

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum