Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby bitSync » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:15 am

Old School wrote:Thanks BitSync,
One last question. Will my old mixes (saved to floppy) still work in 5.1 or would I have to start from scratch on some songs?

I don't know the answer to this one. I'd recommend starting a new thread with this topic and I'm sure some of the guys here will know. I would imagine that the OS3 projects would transfer but I don't have direct experience with this.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am

bitsync, thanks a lot for your suipport to all the users here !
munkustrap

Postby JSY_Nick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I have to say a massive thank you to everyone involved in this, timing is impeccable!!

I have had an almost fully loaded v5.1 desk since I bought it, however due to renovation work it’s been in storage for several years.

The college I work for are setting up a new media programme and wanted to use my desk, however got it out of storage to find the HDD failed so I replaced the drive and installed v5.1 OS.

I have jpg screen grabs of all my Auth codes for all my plug-ins, I have my ESN and an email from Mackie (printed) with my OS 5.1 box code… but I’m missing the OS Auth Code!

(In the corner of the plugin Auth code screen grabs it has “D8B serial ****-****-****” but that doesn’t unlock the OS)

With all the unlock details I have, is it possible to generate a hack to my ESN so that I can use my licenced plugins? It’s really only because I use the TC Level 1 reverb quite a bit, which doesn’t appear to be activated with the hack. However the hack does have the Antares auto tune which I always wanted to try out 

Once again, thanks to everyone’s persistence and achieving such a great result!

Regards,
Nick
JSY_Nick

Postby munkustrap » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Sorry, it is not possible for me to mix plugin licenses with different ESN numbers. I can only "program" every wanted ESN to be sent out by the firmware of the brainboard. The Plugin-Package matched to this ESN I cannot Change.

the only chance is that somebody who owns ALL plugins and OS5.1 publishes his license numbers and his ESN.

second possibility:
you can give it a try to match your existing plugin to the new ESN using this page:
http://my.mackie.com/auth.asp

If that works then please add your plugin to the list :-)
munkustrap

Postby JSY_Nick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks for the reply,

No, I wasn’t thinking of mixing and matching the plugins, I was just wondering if there is a way that you can create a hack that uses my ESN which I can use my own plug-in auth codes with, basically to get me back up and running how I used to be? (it’s only the 5.1 auth code I haven’t made a note of, I have all the others for my ESN)

If this worked, my setup used to have v5.1 OS, all the Acuma labs plugins, Mono Delay, TC FXII and the Mackie effects stuff but none of the Massenburg / Antares plugins. I would be happy to share this with the community if it was of any befefit to someone?

Cheers,
Nick
JSY_Nick

Postby munkustrap » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:18 pm

hi
it is not possible for me to generate a OS5.1 code for your ESN.
changing your ESN brain to the one I have will enable the OS5.1 but makes all other plugin codes useless.
have you tried to generate a OS5.1 license with my link above?
munkustrap

Postby Petersueco » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks for this mukustrap. I hadn't com to the forum until today and I have to say that I'm very impressed. Amazing job. Well done.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JSY_Nick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi,

I followed the link, but unfortunately it won't authenticate due to a technical reason :(

Sorry, i had seen your earlier post saying you can generate a firmware for any ESN, but i misunderstood what you meant, i didn't realize you meant it needed to be unlocked, just thought you needed the codes and ESN, My mistake.

I'm looking forward to trying out the hack later on, will be very happy to have the desk up and running again :)

And again, great work, thank you.
JSY_Nick

Postby JSY_Nick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Morning guys!

So, thought i would give a quick update.

I replaced my HDD, re-installed v5.1 OS and the SP3 Plug-ins from floppy disk. I then removed the HDD and connected it to my PC using a USB caddy. I could browse the files and i found and swapped out the Control.asc for the cracked one.

Put the disk back into the D8B and started up. The ESN is showing up as the hacked one and i used the codes in the supplied file to unlock all the plug-ins. I didn't get any problems, ALL the plug-ins unlocked and appear to load and work correctly (only had a short time to test so far).

**Note the "T.C. Electronic MDW 2x2" code unlockes the TC Level 1 Reverb (the Massenburg MDW 2x2 doesn't have an unlock code)**

For what it's worth, my Setup has 2 x MFX cards and 2 x UFX cards

Hope this is of interest / benefit to anyone and i am so greatful to this community for getting a crack to work, thanks guys!

Kind Regards,
Nick
JSY_Nick

Postby munkustrap » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi JSY_Nick

thanks for your detailed description and the post that it works with 2xMFX and 2xUFX.
enjoy the 5.1 :-)

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum