Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby CentreFix » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:24 pm

I tend to agree. When I get the floppy emulator I'll see what the deal is and report back!
CentreFix

Postby CentreFix » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Received the floppy emulator today and followed arjepsen's guide to the letter and have now installed Ver 5.1 finally!!!

I ftp'd over the Hack 1 control.asc file and sure enough the ESN number was there so went ahead for the authorization. Worked a charm! Big thank-you to you guys for your skill in this and for putting up with my failed floppy disk ramblings! (Still dont know quite why they wouldn't load).

One thing I do notice in the licensing dialog are the following plugins requiring authorization coeds so just wondered whether these are available:

Vocal Studio v 3.0
Mono Delay ver 1.0
TC Level v1.0

Cheers!
CentreFix

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi CentreFix;

Glad to hear it is working. I must make the switch to the emulator.

Vocal Studio required 2 MFX cards in order function. Once you have the 2 MFX cards the Vocal Studio should work. In case you didn't know this, when installing the card, alternate them in the cage, so MFX #1 in card slot 1, UFX#1 in card slot 2, MFX #2 in card slot #3. If you have a second UFX it would be next.

There are no un-lock codes for the Mono Delay. If was only an 8 bit delay and never worked very well or sounded very good.. The same for the TC Level v1.0.

The person who kindly gave up their 5.1 serial number and un-lock codes for everything else did not have the un-lock codes for those two.

Cheers and have fun.
bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for that Bruce, much appreciated and all clear.

I do have a couple of more quick questions...they may not be relevant to this forum but if I could beg your indulgence this once more......

I'm using an Akai DR16 along with the D8B. I have MMC and MTC all doing their stuff....transport commands working. I have been unable to get the D8B Jog Wheel to send MMC and wondered if this does actually function with the Akai (or any any other HDR). Also, when REC arming a track and/or pressing REC on the D8B transport, should the AKAI DR16 be responding accordingly? I ask because as of yet, this function seems unavailable....any info would be immensely appreciated to avoid me barking up the wrong tree again!
CentreFix

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi CentreFix;

I do not have any experience with "equipment" specific connects and what works and what doesn't work. I mean communicate when I say work.

I once tried to connect my d8b to 3 Tascam DA88 machines. I wanted the Midi to do exactly as you are wanting the Akai DR16 to do. I never got it working beyond, Stop, Play, FF and REW. The issue, I believe, was the MIDI mapping difference between the D8B and the DA88. I bought an HDR which works as it should. All functions did what they are suppose to do.

In order to offer any assistance with your set up, I can say that making sure either the d8b is the Master Clock or the Akai is the Master is very important. Make sure when one is the master, the other is set to be the slave. Funny things can happen when the Clock signal is not correct.

Some other thoughts are;
- Google your set up and see if there is someone who has a work around.
- Check the Akai forums and see if there is someone in the same situation. Maybe it can't be done. This will save you time.
- Check with Akai and see if they have a solution.

I'm sure you have all this in hand but it never hurts to ask.

Cheers and have fun with your working "Toy".
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks Bruce,

Yes I believe it's the midi implementation of the AKAI so will do some googling around.

Meanwhile, many thanks for your help and to the other guys here....superb resource of talent and dedication!

It's great to get mileage out of older kit and and get some real use once again.

Cheers

centrefix
CentreFix

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Happy New Year! Hoping someone can help me because i am about to rip my hair out. I downloaded the OS 5.1 and service pack files for MAC and Windows from the Sonido 7 a while back and again today. Using my MAC Book Pro running sierra, i tried to copy the disk images to a floppy disk but got an error just at the end of the copy process that the file was missing information or damaged. I then expanded the hqx file and got an error message that the file was unsupported. So that let me to install Stuffit expander which also gave me a an error but finally unpacked the file into three files which are image files.

Attempting to copy the image files to three floppies i get an error at the end of the copy at about 98% and it states that part of a file cannot be read or is missing. I then converted the file to a read write file using the disk utility in my Mac and tried to copy the contents of disk 1 to a floppy. again got an error that said there was an error in the MACKIEOS.EXE file.

Are these files corrupt on the website?

Thanks

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arjepsen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm

I for one can't say for sure - I haven't tried this floppy stuff on mac.
Could be that you have the same issue I had initially - I basicly couldn't seem to get my hands on a working floppy disk.
That's why I ended up buying a floppy emulator that uses a regular usb stick instead - much easier.
Although again I haven't done that procedure from mac either....

Another route I keep suggesting to people: get a Compact Flash / IDE adapter, and use a compact flash card instead of the harddrive. It's quite easy to put a working image of the 5.1 system on the CF card.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:07 am

Yes, i did buy the CF / IDE adapter and this one comes with a mounting plate for a 3.5" bay, so i am going to remove the floppy for good and mount the CF in the font. i will use the hard drive as a slave to store things on. Getting ready to do the whole switch over as we speak.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm

OMG That was so easy. I followed the thread in this topic to the dropbox site and downloaded the image as well as the unpacker software as instructed. I followed the directions and the whole thing went in less than 3 minutes. Put the CF Drive in my d8b and it was up and running in no time at all. I forget who posted the instructions in the Dropbox files but thank you so much you made a very hard process very easy.
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum