Change font size   Print view

Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the HD

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the

Postby Y-my-R » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:00 pm

Just to make sure this is understood:

The rack unit and the console need to be from the same "factory set" for the code to be accepted.

If, for example, you were to use the RACK unit from the "bad" D8B system you got, to try to power the CONSOLE unit from the good system you got, then the code would NOT be accepted (or at least, you'd have to use the code that came with the CONSOLE to re-authorize the rack unit... the code that came with the rack unit wouldn't work).

Every D8B Console has a chip in it, that has a unique code permanently "burned" into it.
The operating system on the rack unit, needs to have a code entered, that matches what's in the "chip" of the console.

So, if there's any kind of mismatch, it won't work.

Having said all of this, IMO the easiest way to get the OS authorized on a system that is running Mackie OS 5.1, is to download the "hacked" MackieOS.exe file from this forum, and replace the file of the same name on the D8B harddrive.
A nice side-effect is, that you then also have ALL the plug-ins authorized, that you probably wouldn't have, with the original code.
(The hack works fully reliably, and I have not heard of any issues related to it. The way it works is basically, to bypass the Console from sending the code in the chip to the OS, but instead the "hack" always responds with the code the OS/Rack unit expects. So, every time the D8B system internally asks "what's the code - I need it for copy protection purposes?" - the hack makes sure the right code is sent back, so the D8B is always happy. Doesn't impact any other of it's features/functionality).

Is there any reason why you don't want to go with the hack?
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Get your Authorization code of V5.1 and plugins from the

Postby Phil.c » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:00 pm

It is possible to swap a d8b desk with another power supply but the desk code must be the one for that desk.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum