Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby Casey_Pittman » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm

pastorbone wrote:Me either, so does anyone know what the eta on the software and the cable is? Thyis what ive been wanting for a long time.

Marc Girard wrote:We're progressing, but still no dates available. Sorry, we're doing this part time, as we've got full time jobs.

Cheers all,

Marc

All in good time.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby deanoh » Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for your great forum!
As what's going on in this thread is beyond my technical knowledge, I'd only say that the ability to use it as both a digital console and a control surface sounds better (as long as it's possible for Frank & Mark to write the software) and while I'm on the subject, what about "d8b Hybrid" for instance?
Or if they eventually stick to one direction (control surface) maybe "d8b Rebirth" or "d24-FraMar Inside" (d=digital, 24=channel faders, Fra=Francois, Mar=Mark) and if at the end nothing happens, we leave the name as d8b :-)

Deanoh
deanoh

Postby deanoh » Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 pm

...and since I've already mentioned a few maybe "d8birth" (close to "rebirth") or "d8brid"/"d8breed" (close to "hybrid")...

Deanoh
deanoh

Postby cui bono » Wed May 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading all of the posts on this subject here. I have been owning my d8b for many years but hardly used it anymore; a year ago I read Marc's first post about his idea and now returning to this forum I find that the project really seems to come to life. What a fantastic idea...
Just want to let you know that I am highly interested in using the d8b as a hardware controller, and I am willing to pay for this.

Axel
cui bono

Postby jumbodingo » Thu May 12, 2011 5:07 am

DC-24
jumbodingo

Postby Dan Worley » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 am

d8bc

d8b Custom Wire Controller Mod

We'll all just wind up calling it Custom Wire.

Okay, the faders move, but that do the other controls do? What does the FAT channel do?

I'd be excited about all this, except for the fact that I use Macs. I think it's pretty amazing, though.

c-ya,

Dan Worley.
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Thu May 12, 2011 10:31 am

So far all the names really suck except mine, come on guys get creative! This should be the name of the product because it is a product for the d8b. I'll say it again... alright with a drum roll...

MFII - A software controller system for the d8b digital console. Everything you need is in the box.

Announcing MFII... a complete software solution that turns your d8b console into a full fledged controller. Have you ever wanted your d8b to run more than 8 channels at a time in your DAW, well now you can! up to 96 with plans to even control more with future updates, just scroll with the jog wheel 24 channels at a time!!!
With MFII the sky is the limit, with ever expanding capabilities this is sure to take your workhorse of a mixer into the next century of mixing and recording. MFII it's MF good twice! Check it out today. Available exclusively through Michael Delwarte's (High C Double G) online ordering system and all orders are shipped the same day. Satisfaction guaranteed, for added security and comfort a support team is waiting to help you through your installation - but with the easy to follow instructions and online support you should be up and running in less than one hour. Join the 10's of thousand's already using MFII and have what others only dream their control surface can do.

Of course this is fabricated but get to the truth of what it will become and how could the existing d8b owners not love this, come on MFII it's MF good!

my .03!
Michael

PS: please excuse any typo, or other errors I am super tired and now going to sleep... MFII - a complete software solution for the Mackie d8b digital mixer
Last edited by High C Double G on Fri May 13, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jumbodingo » Fri May 13, 2011 3:41 am

@ Dan Worley," What does the FAT channel do" ... you asked. It sleeps peaceful in eternal slumber inside the C.P.U. that is gathering lots of dust and spider-webs it the attic of your house because you and the D8B brotherhood have embarked into new frontiers of software control via the newly rewired D8b console that I will be nick-naming ..... The Magic Bus.

Brian
jumbodingo

Postby anyhorizon » Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 am

jumbodingo wrote:@ Dan Worley," What does the FAT channel do" ... you asked. It sleeps peaceful in eternal slumber inside the C.P.U. that is gathering lots of dust and spider-webs it the attic of your house because you and the D8B brotherhood have embarked into new frontiers of software control via the newly rewired D8b console that I will be nick-naming ..... The Magic Bus.

Brian

Hence the importance of not losing the d8b's original functions in the process.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Bill@WelcomeHome » Sat May 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi,

Just another guy here with a d8b leaning in a corner. This is an exciting topic, and I'm looking forward to being able to use the console.

My particular console was a gift from a facility that had retired it, so I've -never- used it. I get the 34 or 43 error when I turn it on, I did the obvious (changed the battery) and put it in the corner while I worked on other things.

I would love to get it working properly again if time and information allows, but it is also exciting to think that I could use it as a controller.
Bill@WelcomeHome

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum