Change font size   Print view

Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Postby angelotaylor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 am

spmonkay wrote:So do I dump those files and win folder onto c: of the d8b? The reason I ask is I can only find MackieOS.EXE. I can't seem to find a file called recreate.py or rscextract.py or a win folder?

Thanks

I`m afraid, that You need reinstall the OS, then install the crack. You need only replace one file (MackieOS.EXE). You don`t need other files, which You spoke about. This crack - is patched executable file of Mackie Real Time OS. The system thinks that it is authorized, as a result of this patch, so are the plugins also! And no need to any actions with other system files!
angelotaylor

Postby angelotaylor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 am

spmonkay wrote:I just swapped the MackieOS.exe file over and all seems fine! All plugins are authorised!! Good to go!! Thanks all!! :D

Excellent! 8-)
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 pm

right I have plugged the Adat in and out to my Saffire PRO, midi from d8b to Saffire PRO. how do I configure to get it work in logic? any idea?

thanks

Steve
spmonkay

Postby spmonkay » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Ive tried a few different control surface options but none work! logic seems to automatically install one of the logic surfaces. It sets up 2 faders and 1 control so its git that right but the d8b doesn't do anything!! :(
spmonkay

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 am

Hi guys
The file that you need to use to get the hack to work is called "control.asc". This is the actual crack! Not the MackieOS.EXE file.

Also, I do not use ProBox or any other external controlers with my d8b setup, and I haven't read this entire tread, but, I will mention that the d8b, I beleive, needs to be the HUI mood in order for an external box to work. Could be wrong.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby angelotaylor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 am

spmonkay wrote:right I have plugged the Adat in and out to my Saffire PRO, midi from d8b to Saffire PRO. how do I configure to get it work in logic? any idea?

thanks

Steve

I don`t works with logic. I can not answer details. But the first, You must be shore, that You have correct setup with sample rate reference. Better, if You make console as clock master. You need to connect word clock out from Your D8b, to Your word clock input of Your Saffire PRO. In setup, set the sample rate as 48 kHz in Your D8B; Before, You are setup Your project in logic, You need to setup Your Saffire PRO as word clock slave. Your project sample rate - must be the same with Your D8B setup! Next - You nedd open some VST synth, and set logic mixer channel with it - with physical ADAT out of Your Saffire Pro. Only after it, You will ear the sound frome console, via ADAT! ADAT will not work, without this condition. Next, in logic, set Your midi interface as MTC master. Connect midi out of Your Saffire PRO to midi input of D8B. Now, logic will send time code to console, and D8B will indicate it in led time code display. And You can use mix editor in Your D8B, and automate any parameters of it.
Last edited by angelotaylor on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
angelotaylor

Postby angelotaylor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:44 am

Bruce Graham wrote:Hi guys
The file that you need to use to get the hack to work is called "control.asc". This is the actual crack! Not the MackieOS.EXE file.

Dear Bruce, we use alternative crack, from here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2135 It is fully worked solution!!!
angelotaylor

Postby Y-my-R » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:03 am

Couple of misconceptions:

You don't set the D8B up as a controller in Logic AT ALL, if you're using it as a mixer, only.

Having said that, it's possible to switch faders 17-24 to HUI mode from the D8B hardware (look in the manual). If you want to use that, then, sure - you have to add a HUI in the Control Surfaces area in Logic, and select the MIDI input and output ports that go between the D8B rack unit and your computer MIDI interface.

BUT... if you intend to use the ProBox with an external switch, you probably want to skip the HUI setup above. When using the D8B with the ProBox, you should switch the ProBox to Logic Mode (see manual), and then add a "Mackie Control Universal" unit and set it to the ProBox MIDI port 4. Then add a Mackie Control Extender and set it to ProBox MIDI port 3 (place to the left of the MCU unit in Logic), then add ANOTHER Mackie Control Extender unit and set it to ProBox MIDI port 2 (place it all the way to the left of the other two units you just created in Logic).
The result should be, that the D8B (with a ProBox connected and active via an external switch), would act like a Mackie Control unit with 2 extenders.

Yes, there are two different cracks. Bruce was referring to the "older" crack (.asc replacement), that I had linked to, but Angelo shared a link to the newer crack (.exe replacement), and that's where the confusion came in.

You installed the newer/exe crack, so there's no .asc file to replace. You replaced the .exe, and that's it. (No plug-in authorization codes needed, from what I read about the newer crack... I've had everything authorized with the old method for a long time, so I don't know from personal experience).

OK... to briefly touch on what Angelo already explained: So, you connected some ADAT optical cables. Did you set up the Wordclock sync, yet? Do you have an Apogee Clock card, or is there a slot-cover over the "clock" slot in the back of your desk?
If you have an Apogee Clock card, you can use the desk as both, Word Clock Master, or Word Clock Slave. If there's a slot-cover over the "clock" slot, then you can only run the desk as Word Clock Master (and not as Slave).

ADAT only is not enough to sync the D8B to your audio interface's word clock (again, as Angelo said). You NEED to have a BNC word clock cable connected, to sync the D8B to anything other than it's own clock.

Anyway... Angelo is already helping you out with the clocking and routing, anyway, so good luck with that! ;)

...and exploring and figuring things out by myself, was half the fun, when I first got into audio back then... maybe just try a few things, sometimes, and see if it works...?

You know how to route audio out of the ADAT ports on your audio interface in Logic, though, right? If not, I'm sure there are youtube videos.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby angelotaylor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:11 am

Y-my-R wrote:Couple of misconceptions:

Thank You, Y-my-R!!! 8-)
angelotaylor

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 am

Hi Guys;

Sorry I'll stay out! Didn't know about alternate Crack.

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum