Change font size   Print view

Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Newbie setup help PLEASE!!!!

Postby spmonkay » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Bruce Graham wrote:Hey there;
You also need the Un-lock codes when you use the crack.
I have them, and will send them to you. Just need your email.
Private Message me through the forum and I will send them

Cheers
Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I have pm'd you!
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 pm

spmonkay wrote:Any idea where I may be able to get a ufx card? I've looked on eBay but can't see anything!! Ive heard you need 2 mfx to run certain plugins which is fine as it looks like I have 2, do you need 2 ufx or is 1 sufficient?

I need only one MFX, and one UFX cards. You can ask on the forum, may be someone will be sell You a spare! Also, You can search it on the reverb.com. I have find it here: https://reverb.com/item/28842208-mackie ... sk-console
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:48 am

Right! Ive successfully installed v5.1 and service pack3 but it still says I need to authorise! So I'm guessing I need to install the hack! Please can someone explain how I install the hack! I get I need to ftp from my Mac but how do intstall the hack???

Thanks

Steve
spmonkay

Postby Y-my-R » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:57 am

Quick forum search revealed this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1634&start=40

5th post from the bottom, by Munkustrap (who not only builds the ProBox, but also figured out the hack/crack).

There's also another method somewhere on this forum, that is even easier, I think (I only did the method above). Didn't find it off-hand, but maybe someone else has a link.

When I can't find what I'm looking for on the forum, I'm sometimes just clicking through the pages and read the subject lines. Lots of good information can be found that way, too.
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby angelotaylor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:17 am

spmonkay wrote:Right! Ive successfully installed v5.1 and service pack3 but it still says I need to authorise! So I'm guessing I need to install the hack! Please can someone explain how I install the hack! I get I need to ftp from my Mac but how do intstall the hack???

Thanks

Steve

It is a very simple. Load Your D8B. Go to Your mac and open FTP. You will see the root directory of Your D8B HDD. You need to find a file "MackieOS.EXE" Copy it on Your mac HDD via ftp, and save somewhere. Download the CRACK Next, open archive with downloaded crack and copy cracked "MackieOS.EXE" from it, via ftp to Your D8B root directory. It will ask You about replacing the old file with a new one. Agree with it, and push OK. After - reboot Your D8B and enjoy! :mrgreen: I have a fully worked console with this crack!
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:50 am

that simple?! :lol:

will give it a go!

thanks!
spmonkay

Postby angelotaylor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

spmonkay wrote:that simple?! :lol:

will give it a go!

thanks!

Yes! That is - simple! It is banal, file copying procedure! It is so difficult??? You are copying files every day, by hundreds!!! Yes, it's over the network, but you can imagine, that you just added another HDD to your computer!!!! ...Because that's what it really is! :mrgreen:
angelotaylor

Postby spmonkay » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:51 pm

d8b won't let me connect

refused.jpeg
refused.jpeg (Array KiB) Viewed 767 times
spmonkay

Postby Jondav1120 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi Steve,

There is a checkbox on the D8B GUI under settings to "Allow FTP Clients"

Picture1.png
Picture1.png (Array KiB) Viewed 764 times

That little checkbox has caught me out more times than I care to admit...also don't forget to click apply.

Are you connecting through a ethernet switch, or directly to the computer? The ethernet card in the D8B is very old now and I forget if it will automatically detect a straight through or crossover cable.

Regards

John
Jondav1120

Postby angelotaylor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 pm

spmonkay wrote:d8b won't let me connect

refused.jpeg

Jondav1120 wrote:There is a checkbox on the D8B GUI under settings to "Allow FTP Clients"

Also, You need to download and setup ANY FTP CLIENT for mac os x! For example - FileZilla, or CrossFTP!
angelotaylor

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum