Change font size   Print view

Keyboards and Mice

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Keyboards and Mice

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 pm

I am new here, so How do you do?

Just purchased a d8b and happy as a clam. Quick question for everyone. I tried hooking up a USB Keyboard and Mouse and neither work, with adapters. Does anyone know if it is possible to install a USB PCI card in order to recognize a USB Keyboard and Bluetooth Mouse?? After all, the PSU is just a trimmed down version of windows 2000 from what I am reading.

Or are there different adapters that should look for?? Or is it possible to connect an adapter to the parallel port??

Thanks Much

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Keyboards and Mice

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 am

Hi RJ;

Welcome.

I have never tried to connect USB or Blue Tooth to my d8b, but my feeling is it will be a whole lot easier and more reliable to stick with the way the d8b is designed.

Use a PS2 Mouse and either a PS2 Keyboard with a PS2 to Din adaptor or a Din keyboard. All should be available for Tiger Direct or any other electronic/computer type place.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Keyboards and Mice

Postby ryanjuk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 am

I've just done the same thing RJH.

I went to maplins and bought a ps2 to ps1 keyboard adapter so I could use a ps2 keyboard. Then bought a ps2 mouse from maplins for like a 5er.
ryanjuk

Return to d8b Forum